Learning to Learn Program
This ½ day workshop is designed for beginning primary teachers, primary teachers who have been teaching for less than 5 years and require professional development for accreditation - or teachers who would perhaps like a few new ideas!
The session meets a number of elements of the NSW Institute of Teachers Professional Teaching Standards and includes discussion, activities and reflections related to:
• Understanding children’s readiness to learn – and how to ‘switch on’ the brain!
• Utilising a variety of thinking skills in the classroom
• Acknowledging different learning styles as a future key to unlocking student potential
• Developing students’ organisation and time management skills
• Homework issues – use of rubrics and transparent criteria for teachers, students and parents – how to make everyone’s life easier!
Page last updated 15 May, 2012
© Angie Wilcock : Site by White Gauntlet Design